a LaFrance Consulting Services e-Course
Nutrition for Liberal Arts Students, independent study
- 8 of the amino acids are considered to be essential for Humans, because Humans can not
make these 8 AA's. Since no known plant proteins have the essential [Human] AA's in the
correct ratio, vegetarians have a risk of not getting enough of 3 to 5 of these 8 AA's.
What would you expect as observable problems if some of these became deficient enough to
cause observable problems?
- The vegetarian can avoid deficiency in the 3 essential AA's with the lowest density in
plants but will have to overdose on 3 or 4 essential AA's with the highest density in plants.
a) if you believe that overdosing is not likely, explain what mechanisms in the Human
body prevent Amino Acid overdosing.
b) if you believe that overdosing is possible, explain what reaction to the overdose
could happen after long-term, chronic (‘repeating’) overdosing.
- You should start with an outline of 2 to 5 key points in logical order, but you do not
have to turn in the outline.
- Each key point will be covered in a single, separate paragraph.
- The essay will have an introductory paragraph,
2 to 5 development paragraphs, [at least one paragraph for question 1 and one for
and a concluding paragraph (with conclusion).
- Rules of grammar will be enforced, with points deducted for errors.
- Cite references.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
© 2004-2010 TwoOldGuys
revised: 10 Aug 2010