a LaFrance Consulting Services e-Course
Nutrition for Nursing Students, independent study
- I suggested in my lecture that nutrients are taken up by cells to replenish the stored nutrients
in the cell, after the previously stored nutrients have been used. Why is this approach likely to
be more efficient than supplying nutrients to the cells “as needed?” [hint: this is an
opinion question, so will be graded only on the basis of how you defend your opinion.]
- What are the digestion products of the “energy nutrients” (carbohydrates, fats, &
What, if any, other functions are there for the energy nutrients, besides providing
energy? [hint: I expect to see 3 development paragraphs, one for each nutrient group.
What conclusion can you draw from the presence or absence of nutrient uses other than
- Each key point will be covered in a single, separate paragraph
with introductory sentence, 2 to 5 development sentences, and transition sentence.
- The essay will have an introductory paragraph (with thesis statement),
2 to 5 development paragraphs,
and a concluding paragraph (with conclusion).
- Rules of grammar will be enforced, with points deducted for errors.
- Cite references in APA format.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
© 2004-2010 TwoOldGuys
revised: 02 Jun 2010